Mission, Vision, Objectives, and By-laws
ASOCOPI is a non-profit professional organization whose
mission is to contribute in the betterment of English
Language Teaching in Colombia my means of promoting
ASOCOPI will be seen as a respectable representative of
English teachers and English teaching in Colombia, and
will play a leading role in the promotion of quality teaching,
and social responsibility in our country and the region..
- Identify and promote team work amongst English
Language Teachers in Colombia.
- Strengthen the sense of belonging among the
members of the profession.
- Promote the exchange of ideas, information
resources, and experiences both nationally and
- Promote and provide high quality teacher training
and development opportunities for TEFL programs
and In-set teachers.
- Be a leader in the promotion of growth opportunities
for its members.
- Promote scholarship and research assistantships in
the ELT field.
- Become a natural forum for innovations in methods,
approaches, techniques, and materials.
- Represent the membership before governmental
and non-governmental entities at a local, national,
and international levels.
- Offer consultancy in matters related to new
developments in Education, ESP, EAP, Applied
Linguistics, Materials Design, Curriculum Design,
- Stimulate cooperation among English teachers and
- Organize activities whose aim is to support English
teachers in both pedagogic and linguistic
- Promote social service among members of the
Associations in causes covered in our mission and
|Follow this link for a look at our current by-laws